Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 4- Dolorous

I should have tried harder to use this word, especially since I was at work...but I just never could find an in in any of the conversations I had (not that I had that many today).
When I got home today, and said hi to the dogs and David, David mentioned that Danny had been acting funny. I commented that as Danny was sitting on David's lap, that was already weird (Danny isn't particularly cuddly as a rule). Then as we were eating dinner, we were both noticing that the dogs were all acting a bit 'off'....I thought at first it might be the swings in temperature we've been having here in Seattle lately (it was almost 60 degrees over the weekend and today it's been a windy and chilly 44), since they are often sensitive to the weather. I said "Sophie is acting very dolorous." and thought I would get a reaction from David...but it didn't spark his attention. A few minutes later as I started typing this up I asked him if he'd noticed my WotD, but he hadn't and I explained that dolorous means sad or melancholy (a good descriptor of Sophie lately, and really how she's been ever since we decided to get the Poms). As I looked around our living room and entry way, and into the dining room, I thought something seemed missing from the picture, and then it hit me: the small kennel that we moved upstairs last week so that Sugar wouldn't be sleeping in the basement when it was so cold had been moved back to the basement last night (David's dad crashed on the couch). Danny likes having the kennel as an option during the day, and I realized that's probably why he's been acting so odd. Case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment