Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 5 - Collude

Ok, so I didn't write last night like I should have, but at least I'm doing it this morning! Collude was a tough one, and I thought that I would at least use it during the day, particularly when Marnie and I went out and did some shopping during our lunch hour, but no such luck. So, once again, it was David and I in front of the TV (David playing Oblivion on the XBOX, so there was much slaying of wraiths and zombies going on in the background) and I kept 'collude' in the back of my mind for possible conversation openings. Finally, my time came, when David asked me if I was the cause of the smell in the room (you get a sense for the kind of household we have, don't you?) and I said "No, it must have been Sugar or Sophie" (the dogs). A few moments later I added "They must be colluding with each other in order to make it seem like I'm the one making the stink."
The WotD seems to have been lost on David (he was probably holding his breath from the foul odors arising from the doggie) and I didn't continue the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment