Friday, December 25, 2009

Day 7 & 8 - Lambent and Embonpoint

Yesterday was Christmas Eve which meant that the majortity of the day would be spent at David's sister's house. Lots of good food, crazy kids, many many gifts to open, and a beautifully decorated home (Lisa's husband, Thom, does a lot of the decorating and he has such a way with Christmas stuff!)
Once the majority of the eating and visiting was over, we all herded into the living room to sit around the tree and begin the unwrapping! As David and I waited for everyone to get into the room, the conversation turned to my WotD and I mentioned that I still hadn't used my word, but as I turned my head towards the top of their stairs I mentioned the lights of the Christmas tree, and the lambent light flickering on the ceiling above us. Of course David rolled his eyes and said "You can't just use it like that you have to actually build it into a conversation." I replied "No I don't, and this blog is actually turning into more of a story of your replies and retorts anyways..." David replied "Are you making sure to get in all of the eye rolls?" "Of course!" The evening continued and it was lovely, we all had a great time and headed home for a frosty drive home.

Today was another beautiful day out, and so cold! We had a fun Christmas morning, Taylor opened her main gift (plus a few others) and finally got to play with her new ITouch. I think she was really happy with this, and she's been pretty much glued to it most of the day. We spent the afternoon at my aunt's house in Mukilteo, and the star of the show there was my cousin Libby's daughter, Chloe. At just over 1 year old, she is the focus of everyone's attention, as she is the only baby in our family (really the first baby since Libby and Neal were babies themselves). It was a really nice afternoon, with more good food and great fun with my family and then we headed home (I know that Taylor couldn't wait to get her hands back on her ipod!). As David and I were talking I mentioned that I hadn't used my WotD yet, in fact I had pretty much forgotten about it and was almost surprised when I checked my email and found the daily message from Dictionary.com with today's word. But today's word is so apropos: "All the eating from today, and yesterday and pretty much from the last two months has given me my embonpoint, and my belly just keeps getting bigger." Diet definitely starts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment